Occupational Health Technician
We are working with a large OH Provider to source an Occupational Hygiene Technician to join their team in Hinkley, Somerset.
The Technician will report to the occupational hygiene lead. The team provides a complete Occupational Health and Medical service to all those working on the site.
The main duties of the role include:
In support of occupational hygiene team:
- Perform occupational hygiene monitoring and surveys of personnel and site activities, for a range of chemical, physical and biological agents (eg; dust, respirable crystalline silica, noise, welding fumes, gases, organic vapours, noise, vibration, thermal conditions, etc).
- Participate in specific occupational hygiene related investigations and studies.
- Assist with preparation and delivery of training and information materials on occupational hygiene related topics.
- Contribute to the regular update and circulation of occupational hygiene performance reports.
In support of the COSHH coordinator and COSHH management function:
- Review and process requests for on-boarding, transfer and removal of chemicals.
- Produce regular reports of chemicals on-site.
- Support HPC chemist with site related chemical data and information.
- Support COSHH assessments.
- Carry out scheduled COSHH inspections of platforms and workplaces, including off site facilities eg; junction 24 warehouse.
Requirements of the role:
- Degree qualification in a Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths related subject.
- Working toward the Certificate of Operational Competence in Occupational Hygiene (CertOH) of the British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS).
- Minimum one year’s experience in Occupational Hygiene.
- Good communication skills.
Ideally you will be an Affiliate member of the Faculty of Occupational Hygiene (AFOH) and have work experience in industrial construction environment.
The role is full time working 37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours per day.
Salary is £25k per annum plus benefits.
Please apply now if you are interested.