Occupational Health Manager
Occupational Health Manager, Cheltenham, F/T, £39k
We are working with a large OH Provider to source an Occupational Health Manager to be based at a client site in Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham. You will lead and direct the Occupational Health Service in order to provide high quality, efficient evidence based occupational health services to managers, employees and external organisations under contract.
You will ensure compliance with responsibilities under DHC policy and health and safety legislation, whilst maximising and promoting the health of employees, as well as reducing the risk of cases of occupational ill health.
You will also have overall responsibility for 1 part time OHA and 1 administrator on site. The role breakdown is 50% management activity, and 50% Health surveillance, Case Management and Health and Wellbeing.
Main duties of the role include:
- To provide specialist advice and management plans to fulfil clients OH requirements.
- To work with the Medical and Clinical Director to deliver a programme of practice development for staff within the team.
- Determine and develop the OH strategy.
- Manage OH nursing resource and objectives, co-ordinating them effectively and efficiently.
- Provide professional support to the OH team
- Undertake regular individual performance reviews.
- Recruit, select and induct new staff, acting as a role model.
- Advise, monitor, and assess clinical practice of the OH team.
- Audit of OH procedures internally and externally to ensure best practice.
- Audit of peer practice to determine compliance with evidence-based standards.
- Provide health education and promotion to clients, either individually or in groups.
Requirements of the role:
- Evidence of up to date knowledge base of professional and specialist issues
- Innovative and adaptable, with strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrates a self-motivated and proactive approach to work, takes responsibility for own actions
- Confidence, assertiveness, tact, diplomacy and empathy for dealing with clients
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Negotiation and motivational skills, ability to accept and deliver constructive feedback
This is a full-time position, working Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week. The successful individual must also be registered on part 3 of the register.
Salary is up to £39,000 per annum plus benefits.
Please apply now if you are interested.